I've always loved William Birch style sofas and have hoped to one day own one. And so the hunt began.
[style at home]
[ann mashburn]
After looking and looking, we ended up stopping in the new Laura Ashley store that just opened in Dubai Mall and while there was nothing like it on the floor, we flipped through their catalogue. And what did I find? MY SOFA! And it was love at first sight. :)
We chose it exactly as shown - in a beautiful natural linen with sexy dark legs. Sure, it's going to take up to 16 WEEKS (!) to arrive, and we'll have to sit on the floor or on fold up lawn chairs in the meantime, but heck, she's a beauty!
My plan is to sew up a slipcover for it so that we'll have 2 looks in one. And after seeing this slipcovered one, I can't wait to work on it. It will feel so cool and fresh in this hot climate. I'm so excited!
lisa
[canadian house & home]



